|Subtleties of Medical Astrology
by Dr. K S Charak
|Second (February 1, 2002)
The Subtleties of Medical Astrology is the second, and more advanced, work on medical astrology by the author who is both an astrologer and a surgeon. His earlier work titled Essentials of Medical Astrology has earned wide acclaim all over the world. The present work, now in its second edition, consists of his further research into more subtle areas of medical astrology. The salient features of this book are:
• A highly scientific approach toward analysis of horoscopic charts for purposes of medical astrology.
• Use of multiple dashas (Vimshottari, Yogini, and Chara) to confirm the same event.
• Use of divisional charts as well as transits as applicable to charts for medical astrology.
• Varied aspects of the role of retrograde planets in causing disease.
• Malefic conjunctions leading to ill health.
• The adverse role of the Trika houses and their lords.
• The dreaded twenty-second Drekkana and the sixty-fourth Navamsha.
• The use of a lesser known, but definitely adverse, area called the Mrityu Bhaga.
• Application of the standard astrological dicta, and their numerous modifications as applicable to
actual horoscopic charts.
• Rich astro-medical data which has been used to profusely illustrate the book.
Dr. K S Charak, MS (Surgery), FRCS (UK) is Head of the Surgery Department
at the Indira Gandhi ESI Hospital, Jhilmil, Delhi, India. He is the
Honorary Editor of the bi-monthly Vedic Astrology. Author of several
books on Vedic astrology, his extensive work in the field of astrology
has earned him international recognition.
A Kohinoor Among Vedic Medical Astrology Books
Reviewer: Dr. Mohit Parihar (Vedic Medical Astrologer) from Victoria BC, Canada, May 22, 2004
The Kohinoor diamond is a world famous gem and means mountain of light. So is this book – a Mountain of light for "Vedic Medical Astrology". This is a more precocious book by Dr. Charak on Vedic Medical Astrology. The book will be a guiding light for the beginners as well as advanced students and Vedic Medical Astrologers and a treat for connoisseur of Vedic medical Astrology books. The book shows a very "scientific" approach to Medical Astrology, causes of diseases planets, plus multiple dashas (Vimshottari, Yogini, and Chara) to confirm the same event. Further more, the book tells reader in a very easy and scientific way "how to use divisional charts as well as transits as applicable to charts for Vedic medical astrology. (It must be mentioned here with lot of accentuation that this particular area of Vedic Medical Astrology is very hard to crack and Dr K.S. Charak makes it child's play for the reader). "Subtleties of Medical Astrology" covers extensively the dreaded twenty-second Drekkana and the sixty-fourth Navamsha.
The use of a lesser known, more advanced, but definitely death-causing adverse area called the Mrityu Bhaga (Mrityu stands for Death in Hindi/Sanskrit). It is a very good book to start on Vedic Medical Astrology even if you have absolutely no background on the subject – highly recommended worth its weight in gold. "A MUST MUST BUY". As always Dr.Charak explains in his own exclusive style. "His language flows like a song – his hallmark. "MUST-GO-FOR IT"